Super Face Mask
Today I’m sharing with you one of my favorite face masks that I’ve created myself, it’s very easy and fast and you probably already have all the ingredients at home.
Why I call it super face mask? because this mask will give you the glow, moisture and radiance that you will probably get from 4 different face masks, it also purifies your skin and cleans all the dirt you might have residing in you pores.
I don’t really use very specific quantities for this recipe since I just mix them until I have the desired amount and consistency. the amount should be more or less enough to cover your entire face and neck, never forget the neck, remember it is always very important to take care of our neck just as we take care of our face, you can start with a table spoon of each ingredient except the lemon of course and then start building it up from there until have a mixed paste, you can use any old foundation brush to apply the mix to your face, this is the best way to make sure it’s covering your entire face evenly.
Now I will list the ingredients used and why each one of them is very vital for the skin, knowing the benefits of each ingredient might help you decide the quantities of the ingredients as it is a flexible kinda recipe, the only thing that you need to watch out for is adding too much lemon as it will be harsh on the skin and will cause redness and dryness especially if you have sensitive skin like mine.
- Revitalizes Skin – Lemon Juice contains Vitamin C which acts as an anti-oxidant and provides aid in restoring skin vigor and vitality.
- Skin Whitening – Vitamin C along with citric acid assists in diminishing blemishes and dark spots.
- Exfoliation – The Citric acid in lemon helps to shed the dead cells off your skin and enhances skin brightness.
- Anti-ageing Effect – The anti-oxidant action of vitamin C and exfoliation of the citric acid help to maintain skin moisture, softness and prevents wrinkles on the face. In this mask I only use afew squeezes.
Milk gives you an instant glow and helps you remove sun tan leaving your face smooth as baby. as I mentioned before I didn’t really stick to specific quantities but I used about 1 table spoon and added afew more later on as needed.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of rose water helps in reducing the redness of irritated skin due to acne.
- Rosewater helps in controlling excess oil and removing dirt by maintaining the skin’s pH balance.
- Rose water moisturizes, hydrates and revitalizes the skin giving it a refreshed look.
- The antibacterial properties of rose water aids in healing scars, cuts and wounds.
- Rose water also has antioxidant properties which helps in strengthening skin cells and regenerating skin tissues.
- It also helps in keeping fine lines and wrinkles at bay.
- It acts as Facial Cleanser on all skin types. You can wet a soft cotton ball with chilled rose water and dab it on cleansed skin.
- Moisturize and Revive dull skin.
- The lactic acid, a natural alpha hydro acid, in the yogurt helps smooth and exfoliate skin. Make sure to use a thick kind with active cultures for the ultimate beauty benefits. Strain the mixture if it’s too runny.
- Sunburn relief:Too much time spent basking in summer’s glow, you sun god or goddess? Nourish your achy sunburn naturally with yogurt. The zinc in yogurt helps cool the harsh bite of a sunburn. Add a few drops of soothing chamomile essential oil to about a handful of organic yogurt. Rub the calming concoction over your sunburned skin and let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes before rinsing it off.
Cornstarch contains Vitamin A which is responsible for color correcting dark spots on your face; it also contains iron and calcium which are responsible for skin cells renewal.
Honey is naturally soothing and has healing properties (it was traditionally used on wounds to aid healing!). It also nourishes damaged skin to fade scars (like those pesky acne scars!). It works as a clarifying agent because it naturally opens up pores, making them easier to unclog.
all you need is a small bowl and table spoon, at first I added a table spoon of each ingredient in the bowl except for the lemon where I only added a few drops, after that you mix the mixture very well until everything is blended while doing so you can still add more of the ingredients until you get a good well balanced mix that looks like a thick cream, then you can take a foundation brush and start applying the mask onto your face and neck and wait for at least 30 minutes. after that you remove the mask using warm water and slowly wash it off.
you will immediatly notice how bright, moustrized and glowy your skin will look.
Please like, Comment and Share if you found this review helpful 🙂